Mackenzie
These are a couple of windmills in a large windfarm that is along the hills over the Columbia River basin.  When I first started working of and on again in eastern Washington about a year ago there were only a couple of windmills, now there are hundreds.  They were turning today, just as I am sure that they turn almost every day.  This area is windy.

My friend Sara has worked on a research project studying windmill related bird deaths.  Unfortunately, many many birds are killed every year by windmills.  Hopefully someday their research will go towards better designs that will decrease the impact of windmills on the bird population.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    There are a bunch of those windmills here in southern Alberta. A family I know is going to put about 30 on their land, and will get paid almost $10,000 per windmill to use the land. It's always windy here! I had never thought of the birds before. Sad.