Mackenzie
This is La Plaza.  The home of the best mexican food that you will ever eat.  I have tried almost everything on their menu including the seafood coctail and there hasn't been a single thing that I haven't loved. 

My youngest brother Greg was introduced to La Plaza by his best friend's family.  Then Greg introduced La Plaza to us.  It is the place that we never miss when we go home to visit.

When I returned from my mission I had a few months where I lived at home while I was looking for a job.  I spent a majority of my time looking for jobs and making food for my little brother.

Every day after Greg would get home from school he would come find me in the house and the exchange would go like this.

Hey Kenz
Hey Greg
Are you hungry?
I haven't had lunch yet.  (I would wait to have lunch because I knew that this was coming.)
Want to go to La Plaza?
Sure.

Then Greg would drive us in the Buick over to La Plaza.

We would order food and Greg would turn to me and ask me if I had any money. 

We went almost every day.  He asked me for money, every time.

If you've ever wondered what it is like to have a little brother, that is it in a nutshell.
3 Responses

  1. melissa Says:

    Hey Kenz! I just found your blog after months and months of wondering what it was. (I know, it would have only taken a second to ask you, but whatever.) And why have I never been to La Plaza?? I guess I haven't lived in CA much since your family discovered it, but still. Next time we visit my parents, we'll make a point to go eat there. Maybe August when they do the Whitney climb? Are you doing that? I definitely won't be. I'll have a tiny baby girl by then. :) Anyways, I miss you! I guess we're all grown up now, huh?


  2. Mackenzie Says:

    I'd like too, but I'm not sure that I put my name in in time. Whatever happens we will have to fit in a trip to La Plaza.