Mackenzie
The drillers decided to take the weekend off and it was a welcome relief for me.  I was so excited to sleep in my own bed last night.

Today while I was running errands I made a stop by Chambers Bay park on my way home.  The park is located on the Puget Sound between a world class golf course and a wastewater treatment plant.  Originally the land was one of the largest gravel pits in the United States.  It is an awesome park with a big walking trail, a dog run, a large grassy area and a bridge over the railroad tracks down to the water.

I did the construction observation for the shafts that the bridge is built on.  It was a tricky job with lots of challenges, including night work due to tides, multiple crossings of the railroad tracks every hour and strange soil conditions due to the quarry leftovers.


The day was sunny and clear so I had a fantastic view of the Olympic Mountains.  My most favorite mountain range in the world.


The day was windy so there were lots of sailboats out on the water.  It made me long to have a sailboat of my own.


Here is a view of the pedestrian bridge from above.


We had a ward activity this afternoon.  We had fun eating brisket, shooting guns and sitting around the campfire.  With those yahoos on the right it's lucky that no one got shot.
1 Response
  1. Austin Says:

    Does the girl in the red have her finger on the trigger while she is doing that? Looks like a good way to bruise your hip. Man, I need to get out shooting again.