Mackenzie
Oh wait, we are working the weekend.

This is how my week has gone.

Monday-5 feet of drilling in 10 hours of work.  For reference I expect that we should get around 50 feet done in a good day.

Tuesday- 5 feet in 10 hours again

Wednesday-
 This happened.  That rod on the right used to look like the one on the left, but the bit sheared off during drilling and wore the threads off of the rod.  We couldn't retrieve the bit and we can't drill through the bit, so that meant that we had to scratch that location and move 5 feet away and start over.

Today- I woke up to several inches of snow on the ground.  The drive into work was harrowing over the pass, but the brutal part was the wind.  The drillers spent 5 hours getting the rig up and running.

Luckily my waitress didn't sit me at this table for dinner tonight.


Now that would have been pathetic.

1 Response
  1. Austin Says:

    At least the chair is not facing the wall. ;)