Mackenzie
Bad Decision No. 1

I moved to the desert.

I thought that the sunshine would make up for all of the negatives that come with living in the desert.  I was wrong.  I've known for a long time that I am allergic to the desert.  I thought that I was having a heart attack the first time I experienced allergies when I was a freshman at BYU.

Bad Decision No. 2

I got a flu shot.

In a desperate attempt to combat my allergies I headed into the student health clinic on Tuesday.  I had been sleeping for 9 hours a night and generally feeling horrible which is always a sure sign that I am getting sick.  I got a cold from my allergies last year that was literally the worst cold of my life.  Since I so rarely make it to the health center I decided to get a flu shot while I was there.

Bad Decision No. 3

I got out of bed yesterday morning.

I was so sick yesterday that my makeup looked like strange brown blotches on my face.  The combined effect of the allergies and the flu shot nearly did me in.  The only things that made yesterday worth it was the delicious gyro I ate at lunch made by the Armenians across the street from UNLV and this small bag of cookies that I found in my purse.



Bad Decision No. 4

I showed up for class this morning.

Class was cancelled, but in my general state of misery I had forgotten.  To add insult to my sick allergy ridden body, I woke up this morning to my face covered in a rash from the new acne medicine that the doctor gave me.  I'm sure it had more to do with my dry, sensitive skin than anything else, but waking up to a red blotchy face always improves your day...

Here's to only two more days left in the week and then a weekend of laying in my bed until I recover from my own bad decisions.
0 Responses